The Adventures of Steven and Ashley Hall

Monday, February 18, 2008

Enterprise NEVER Again!

This is a rant and you dont have to read, I just need to blow off steam.




I hate Enterprise Rent-A-Car and will never again use their service. After fighting with them for 6 months over an issue I feel I did not cause I was charged for it today. I wish I would have been beating this car to death as thats what your "supposed" to do with rentals. I couldnt have been babying this stupid Jetta anymore than I was and coming home from work 1 day the tire just went down. Well apparently this piece of garbage car I had was completely out of alignment and shook all over the place. The thing rode like crap since day 1 and the car was filthy when I picked it up. Thats what happens when you get a car friday 4 minutes before they close. When they contacted me I said how can I be blamed for a car when you didnt even inspect it before you gave it to the next renter? To which the lovely, helpful, understanding lady replied "Sir I wouldnt have accepted a dirty car" Oh yes maam because at 4:56 you were so willing and helpful to give me what other car on the lot that wasnt rented out. Thats right, that sweet Jetta was my only option. And by the way you work for Enterprise genius of course you can be picky. If I wanted a car and didnt want to miss more work over this event then yes I would have stuck it out and waited for a clean car. Next time I will, I will also bring my camera and document the garbage you are giving me. By the way lets all do the math. 2 months of renting a VW JETTA.... Yeah I probably paid 8 months of a car payment if I owned the thing, so when normal maintenance comes up on the cars in your fleet, lets make renters pay for it, a great business model. And also a great way to keep customers coming back. (please add sarcasm)


Fernanda I thank you for spending countless hours and meaningless conversation with me over this issue. I enjoyed talking to you over cold dinners and you making me so angry I shook. You were so comforting by calling me a liar, a destructor and an idiot. Thank you for telling me that if you had to pay for tires for all your cars you would be out of business. Thank you also for being on your toes when the fifth time I told you the same exact story you accused me of changing the story.


Thank you Scott for calling me 5 minutes before Fernanda asking the story and saying thank you for telling us we just wanted to follow up on the car. Thank you Scott for lying to my face, next time dont waste your time being friendly, come out and say we are blaming you and you will be paying.


Thank you Enterprise for providing me a piece of trash car, raping my wallet and then making me pay for someone elses cover up or normal car maintenance, however you want to look at it. I will surely be back to your friendly counters just as soon as I can. And please, keep giving away the free smiles, your customer service is a delight!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steven,

Word of mouth is a great way to make or break a business... people will Google and see your post. Not always a bad thing if you help one person avoid what you went through.

Any way to go over their heads and keep working on this?

Maybe Matt D. will see your post! ; )

loveyoutonsandtons!
mammie

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were not going to pay?

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not pay since June and today I made the sacrifice because Enterprise wasnt smart enough to report it to the credit bureau so I took one for the team and saved my credit report for $132.50. I also wrote Fernanda a congratulatory letter.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I'll see your post; I'm a religious reader of your blog. ;-)

If it's not too infuriating, you could try writing to the main Enterprise office with a complete explanation of your story and the terrible experience you had with their company. If you wanted to be a real stinker, you could copy other rental companies on the letter. Put it on some nice paper and you never know.

It's worth a try, and your story might get seen by a higher-up. Did they try to say that it's your responsibility to fix anything that breaks? I would ask them to show you the portion of the rental contract that requires you to pay in this case.

A number of auto rental companies are having some troubles right now. The last thing they need is to irritate their customers, who will find somewhere else to rent from.

-Matt D.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Matt! I appreciate your words of advice for Steven!

Their letters worked for them at Macaroni Grill when they were treated like less than human beings!

Hope you two are doing great - sorry I missed your visit in NH - hope to do it again, though!

Steven and Ashley - kisses... miss youandloveyoubothtonsandtons!

me

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home