The Adventures of Steven and Ashley Hall

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Almost Feel Like A Normal Person

I just wanted to do a quick update on how my doctor's appointment went.  He took my blood pressure about 20 times in a variety of positions (sitting, laying, standing) and decided to take me off of Toprol XL which is a beta blocker.  I have been on this for 4 years, when I was originally diagnosed with POTS.  

Tuesday was my first day not taking it, and I instantly felt about 50% better.  Wednesday I was about 75% better, and today I am probably 95% better.  I almost feel like a normal person!  I have only been dizzy one time today, and that was when I first stood up out of bed.

I also have a heart monitor for a month.  Luckily this time, I don't have to wear electrodes for a month.  The monitor is about the size of a credit card, and is basically a portable Electro Cardiogram machine.  When I feel dizzy, I just press it to the middle of my chest, and it records.  It can hold 6 recordings, and when it is full, I hold it up to the telephone and send it right to the doctor's computer.  So far in 3 days, I have only recorded 4 times.  On my medicine I would have recorded 20+ times a day!

Originally they told me I would grow out of this condition.  I am hoping that my medicine doing the wrong thing means I have grown out of it.  

Thank you for all the prayers and dinners that we have been getting.  We sure do have some great friends!

Ashley

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to do a generic update but you beat me to it and gave more details. On a side note I feel you should have mentioned that you felt good enough to do a little dance this morning and seemed kind of hyper. Love you babe.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Monica Ewing said...

Glad to hear from you tonight. Thanks for calling. I'm so glad to hear my baby sister is almost back to her self even better med free!
God is good. Hope to see you soon. Love Monica

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home