The Adventures of Steven and Ashley Hall

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Pastor's House

Last night we were invited to our Pastor's house for a Welcoming Reception. We left our house at 6:15, and it should have been there by 6:30. We got SO SO SO lost! After driving around for 2 hours, we finally arrived! YIKES! We were just going to knock on the door and tell them we were not going to stay, but we didn't want them to think we were blowing them off. There were still six other people there, so they told us to stay. We ended up not leaving until 11:00! It was mostly just getting to know each other, but at the end when it was only the 4 of us left (Pastor, his wife, Steven and I) we got the drilling of religious questions; mostly me! Not growing up with a church background, he was very curious on all of my thoughts. I told him the truth about what I really think and feel, even though I'm sure in his head he was going crazy. We talked a lot about the connection of science and religion, and he even let me borrow a book that uses science to answer a lot of religious questions. I also told him how this is something I really want (even though I couldn't give a good explanation on why!) and I was ready to work really hard to accept Christ. One thing I REALLY liked was he told me that people never want to seek out God on their own, that God gives them that idea that they want to. That no one just decides on their own, God has to first decide he wants them. I really liked that. He didn't think it would mean anything to me now, not until I had found Him. But it made a lot of sense to me, and kind of put me at peace a little bit for some reason. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all day! I am really excited to have a relationship with Him! :)

Last night I had a little trouble sleeping, because something right under my rib was hurting. Today at work it was awful, and everyone said it was my spleen. A guy that works in the same room as me had mono a few weeks ago, and he said his spleen hurt. I feel like there is a grapefruit under my last rib pushing on it. OUCH! Hopefully it won't be like this tomorrow...

~*~ Ashley ~*~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home