The Adventures of Steven and Ashley Hall

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Finally the Weekend


This week started going really fast, then came to a crashing halt around Thursday afternoon! I learned two new things at work this week: batch staining and C-banding. I'm not going to describe them because they are not all that exciting, but I do like to learn new things, so it was fun for me. I got kicked out of the wet lab on Fridays so I can read cases. "Reading" is what we call when we are looking at someone's chromosomes. So Friday all I do is read. I have done three real cases now. All three didn't have anything wrong with them, so that was good! At this point in my training, I feel like I will only know if they have an extra or missing chromosome. I don't think I would notice if just one band was missing. But everyone says "Oh you will know!" So we will see! They said it doesn't really matter if I know which band is missing, just as long as I know it doesn't look like it should. On Friday I voluntarily gave blood to help with Quality Control (we have to test all of our products before we use them on patients) so I will get my chromosomes read for free. It costs around $2,000 if you get it done through your doctor. I am kind of scared, what if they find something wrong?!?! But they said that has never happened, and they test two employees blood every month. I will put a picture of my chromosomes up when I get them :)

Thursday at puppy class wasn't as beneficial as the first week. We mostly learned loose leash walking. We were also supposed to learn sit, but the puppies all already knew how to do it, so we didn't. Instead she taught us "spin" which we both thought was pretty stupid. Maybe next week will be better!

Today we took Tinkerbell to get her third set of shots. We also found she has a yeast infection in her ears. Since we brought her home, her ears have a ton of dark dark brown wax that smells. When we took her to the vet last time, he didn't notice though. The vet today gave us 2 ear medicines for her. We might use it on Lilliann too, because she always scratches her ears. She said it will only take three to five days to get rid of the infection.

Today's plans are to clean the house, since I have planned on it the past three weekends, but kept putting it off. Then tonight we are going on a date! Dinner and a movie together. It will be fun! We haven't done that in a really long time. I hope everyone has a good weekend!

~*~ Ashley ~*~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home