The Adventures of Steven and Ashley Hall

Friday, May 09, 2008

Wedding Vows

We recently did a marriage study through our church called "I Promise" by Gary Smalley. I highly recommend it! Throughout the study, you were supposed to write a marriage constitution to hang in your house to see every day. It made me wish I had my wedding ceremony written out to hang up as well. So the past few weeks I have been telling myself to e-mail the Reverend that married us, because I thought he told me he kept a binder of all the weddings he does. I finally remembered to do it today, and when I went on his website to find his email, I clicked on his blog, remembering looking at it before my wedding. I went to June 2006, and there we were, vows and all! It was a lot easier to find them than I thought! I liked the little paragraph he wrote about us:

This weekend I performed a wedding at the Cincinnati Club. The Cincinnati Club is a very old institution in Cincinnati dating back to the 19th century. The rooms are opulent and the service is exceptional.The Bride and Groom, Steven and Ashley, looked great in the full wedding regalia - she in a beautiful strapless gown that sparkles like stars in the sky. He in a pin stripe tuxedo with white shirt and black vest. They were truly a wonderful couple and the photos will look great.They had the cutest Flower Girl as well. She is about 2 or 3 years old, dressed in a mini wedding dress of white, and she tossed flower petals on the aisle for the Bride to walk on. She ran out of petals half way down but still acted like she was throwing them on the floor. She was SO CUTE!!!

If you want to see the whole thing, http://yourweddingyourway.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_archive.html

Ashley

2 Comments:

Blogger mammie said...

I read the whole thing and it was like being there all over again! More tears THIS TIME cuz I CAN without messing the mascara!!!

I loved the line in your vows about your laughter joining with each other's! Good stuff!

May you hold each other in your hearts in a fresh way every day - so that you can find this "wedding day" love in each other's eyes always!

And that will be enough!

loveyoubothtonsandtons!
mam

8:11 PM  
Blogger Monica Ewing said...

That's great AShley. I hpe you bothare happy always. Just remember keep God at the center of your marriage always and every thing is possible!
Love Your Sister
Monica

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home